Convert.js can be used for the following purposes:
- Avatria configuration of Convert data tagging
- Execution of A/B tests
- Implementation of re-ranking and personalization functionality
When Should I Install Convert.js?
Your Convert onboarding specialist will communicate whether the use of convert.js is required for your site. That said, the use of convert.js is generally recommended in a few common cases.
We recommend installing convert.js IF:
- You want the Avatria team to configure Convert data tagging AND
- Your site uses an eCommerce platform other than Salesforce Commerce Cloud or SAP Commerce
- You want to execute an A/B test of Convert
- You use Shopify or Magento as your eCommerce platform AND
- You want to enable personalized and/or site search rankings
- You use a third-party site search platform such as SearchSpring, Algolia, or others
How to Install Convert.js
The convert.js snippet should be installed as high in your site <head> as possible.
var filename = "convert.www-customername-com.js";
sc.src='https://cdn.avatria.com/convert/js/' + filename + '?v=' + Math.floor(new Date().getTime() / 60000);
*Your Convert onboarding specialist will provide the exact snippet that should be installed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will convert.js impact my site performance?
On its own, convert.js should have a trivial impact on site performance.
Scripts executed via convert.js may have a minor impact on site performance, but are optimized to ensure that site performance is as fast as possible.
Is convert.js required for Convert to run?
No. We recommend the use of convert.js because it can make implementation significantly faster and easier, but if you have any technical concerns, please speak to your onboarding specialist.