Convert's Magento integration makes it simple to implement Convert rankings on your website. Below are step-by-step directions for how to set up a Magento integration on your site.
Table of Contents
- Configuring Magento
- Setting Up the Magento Integration in Convert
- Displaying Convert's Rankings on Your Site
Note: Avatria Convert currently supports all versions of Magento 2. Convert supports integrations with both Magento 2 CE and Magento 2 EE.
- In your Magento admin panel click the System tab and select Integrations.
- At the top of the page, select Add New Integration.
- In the Integration Info page, fill out Name, Email, and Your Password. Set name to “Avatria Convert”.
- In the Basic Settings pane, select API.
- Set Resource Access to “All”.
- Use the dropdown on the Save button to select Save & Activate.
- Confirm your API settings on the next screen by selecting Allow.
- Record the tokens in the Access Token and Access Token Secret fields. You’ll need these to finish setting up the integration in Avatria Convert. Once finished, select Done.
Setting up the Magento Integration in Convert
Creating the Integration
- Navigate to the Integrations page.
- Click the Add Integration button.
- Enter a unique, identifiable Name, select Magento 2 as the Type, and click Continue.
- Enter your Service URL and Access Token, and click Create Integration.
Testing the Integration
- Navigate to the Connection Settings tab.
- Click Test Connection.
Configuring Import Settings
Importing data from Magento may simplify the process for creating custom model features. To automatically import data from Magento, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Import Settings tab.
- Enable the data types you want to import.
- Select your desired Import Frequency.
- Start Time and Duration define the window in which Convert is permitted to import data. These settings can be used to avoid potential performance issues caused by a Convert import. We recommend that you set Duration to at least 4 hours, to ensure that Convert has enough time to download all relevant data.
- Save your changes.
- To kick off an import on demand, click Import Data.
- Note: Clicking Update Now will override import schedule settings, and may cause performance issues on your Magento site.
Configuring Update Settings
To control product positions on Magento sites, Convert applies its rankings to the position parameter within a category.
- Select a Rank Campaign.
- For more information on setting up your campaign, view our support article here.
- Select your desired Update Frequency.
- Start Time and Duration define the window in which Convert is permitted to update product positions on your site. These settings can be used to avoid potential performance issues caused by a Convert update. We recommend that you set Duration to at least 8 hours, to ensure that Convert has enough time to update all collections.
- Fill in the Category Map by supplying the Convert List Name that matches a given Magento Category ID.
- The category map defines which Magento categories can be controlled by the integration.
- Mapping a category ID to a list name ensures that category-specific data can be considered in the rankings applied to your site.
- Click Save.
- To kick off a ranking update on demand, click Update Now.
- Note: Clicking Update Now will override update schedule settings, and may cause performance issues on your Magento site.
Displaying Convert's Rankings on Your Site
After integrating Convert with your site, Magento needs to be properly configured to ensure that Convert's rankings are visible to customers.
To apply Convert's rankings to products in a category in Magento, Convert uses the Position field found on the Products in Category tab when a category is selected within Catalog > Categories.
Magento uses the values in the Position field to populate its user-controlled Product Listing Sort By option, labeled "Position" by default.
To assure that this sort order is available to your customers, navigate to the Display Settings tab for a category (or your default category), and confirm that it is selected in the Available Product Listing Sort By field.
Note: It is possible to change the label of the "Position" Product Listing Sort By option via theme configuration files, and this option may appear under a different label for your site.
To set Convert's rankings as the default products customers will see when they visit a category, on the Display Settings tab, use the Default Product Listing Sort By field to select the appropriate option.
Remember, this Sort By option must be enabled on every category in which you wish to display Convert's rankings.