API tokens allow you to authenticate to the Avatria Convert API so that you can automate tasks via scripts or other custom processes. Simply create the API token in your Convert account, and then use your HTTP client of choice to invoke any one of our REST API endpoints.
A full list of API endpoints is available at https://convert.avatria.com/docs/api.
Creating an API Token
- Click on the Profile dropdown in the upper right corner.
- Click on API Tokens
- Click Add API Token.
- Enter a unique and identifiable Label.
- Click Create API Token.
- Save the API token provided. You can either Copy to Clipboard and paste it into a separate program, or Download the token as a .TXT file.
- For security purposes, your API token will not be visible after you close the token creation modal. If necessary, simply create a new token.
- API tokens have the same permissions as your user account, and can provide access to any accounts to which you have access.
- Make sure to keep your API token as secure as you would any other password.
- Be sure to revoke tokens that are no longer in needed or may have been compromised.
Using an API Token
A primary use case for API tokens is to allow scripts or other programs to access the Avatria Convert API applications using HTTP Bearer authorization.
Depending on the details of the HTTP library you use, simply replace your password with the token. For example, when using curl, you could do something like this:
curl https://convert-api.avatria.com/v1/users/me -H "Authorization: Bearer <token-here>"
Please see the Avatria Convert API documentation pages for more details regarding what types of operations are available via our API.