In order to generate product rankings, Convert needs to integrate with your Google Analytics account in order to gain access to the shopping data that our machine learning technology relies upon.
To make your life as easy as possible, Convert allows you to integrate with Google Analytics quickly and easily. By doing so, you're making sure that:
- Convert always has access to the most up-to-date data available, allowing us to provide the best rankings possible
- You never need to manually export data from your analytics provider and then upload it to Convert
- If you ever want to change the amount of data available to Convert, you can do so in a few simple clicks with our Maximum Data Retention and Data Range Start Date features
- The Google account you use to log into Convert must have access to the Google Analytics Account/Property/View you want to integrate
- If you run into problems integrating a site as a result of this, add the Google account with appropriate permissions as a Member of your account, then log in as the appropriate Google account.
- You must grant Convert permission to view & manage your Google Analytics data
- At this time, Convert does not use the manage permission in any way, shape, or form.
- We request manage permission because in the future we may introduce features that make Convert more powerful and easier to use.
- In the future, if a feature requires us to edit any settings or data in Google Analytics, we will always notify you before doing so.
That's it! If you ever want to stop using Convert, you can always remove any integrations you've set up, and permissions to your Google Analytics account can be revoked from inside your Google account.
- Account: The Google Analytics account of the property and view you wish to integrate
- Property: The Google Analytics property of the view you wish to integrate
- View: The Google Analytics view that houses the data you wish to integrate
- Maximum Data Retention: The maximum number of days worth of data that Convert will store and process.
- This will impact the quality of the rankings you receive (generally, more data leads to better performance) and the available date ranges that can be viewed in Convert reports.
- Data Range Start Date: The first date of data that Convert will store and process. By setting this field, Convert will not store or process any available data before this date.
- This setting can be useful if significant changes (such as the completion of tagging implementation) occurred on a specific date. This can ensure that older, poorer quality data will not impact your rankings.
Adding a New Google Analytics Integration
- Navigate to the Integrations page.
- Click the Add Integration button.
- Enter a unique, identifiable Name, select Google Analytics as the Integration Type, and click Continue.
- Click Connect to Google Analytics. You'll be directed to an external authorization flow.
- Authorize Convert to access your Google Analytics account.
- Select the appropriate Account, Property, View, Maximum Data Retention, and Data Range Start Date, and click Create Integration.
Note: Once you've created the new integration, Convert will begin syncing the data. Depending on the amount of traffic your site receives, the Maximum Data Retention selected, and the Data Range Start Date selected, the initial data sync can take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of days.
Managing an Existing Google Analytics Integration
Any time after the integration has been created, you can update any settings. To manage integration settings, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Integrations page.
- Click on the Name of the integration you want to edit, and navigate to the Integration Settings tab.
- Change any fields desired, and click Save.
Note: Saving changes to an existing data integration will cause data to re-sync, which may result in your reports being temporarily unavailable or inaccurate.