API tokens allow you to authenticate to the Avatria Convert API so that you can automate tasks via scripts or other custom processes. Simply create the API token in your Convert account, and then use your HTTP client of choice to invoke any one of our REST API endpoints.
A full list of API endpoints is available at https://convert.avatria.com/docs/api.
Create an API Token
Create an API token from your Avatria Convert account.
- Log in at https://convert.avatria.com/app/login
- Click on Profile & Account
- Click on API Tokens
- Click the Add API Token button
- Provide a Label for the token, then click Add
- Copy the API token to your clipboard, then paste it to a safe storage location
- For security purposes, your API token will not be visible after you close the token creation modal. If necessary, simply create a new token.
- Make sure to keep your API token as secure as you would any other password
- Be sure to revoke tokens that are no longer in needed or may have been compromised
Use an API Token
A primary use case for API tokens is to allow scripts or other programs to access the Avatria Convert API applications using HTTP Bearer authorization.
Depending on the details of the HTTP library you use, simply replace your password with the token. For example, when using curl, you could do something like this:
curl https://convert-api.avatria.com/v1/users/me -H "Authorization: Bearer <token-here>"
Please see the Avatria Convert API documentation pages for more details regarding what types of operations are available via our API.