In order to ensure that the data being fed into Avatria Convert is accurate and our machine learning algorithms can effectively use it, we recommend creating a new view within Google Analytics specifically for Avatria Convert.
The new view will filter out any query parameters that may cause site page URLs to be split into multiple rows in the app (which will reduce the effectiveness of the algorithm).
Note: New views created in Google Analytics do not include any historical data and will only display data starting on the day the view was created. Because of this, it will be required to allow the view to collect data for two weeks before attempting to enable the ranking algorithm in Convert.
Create a New View
- Navigate to the Admin section within Google Analytics by clicking on the gear icon:
- Navigate to the View dropdown and select the "Create New View" option:
- Set up the new view to track Websites, and set up the view name and time zone. Then click on Create View:
Edit View Settings
- Navigate to the View Settings of your new view:
- On the View Settings page, populate the Exclude URL Query Parameters field with all parameters that should be excluded.
NOTE: If you are not aware of what needs to be excluded, this can be provided to you by the Avatria team.
- On the View Settings page, ensure Site Search tracking is enabled and your site search query parameters are specified.
NOTE: If you are not aware of what your site's search query parameters are, this can be provided to you by the Avatria team.
- Navigate to the Ecommerce Settings of your new view:
- Enable Ecommerce for the new view:
- Click the Next Step button and enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting for the new view:
After following the steps above, your new view will be fully configured and ready to be integrated with Avatria Convert.